5.12.2014


 

If I was actually thinking the day I graduated, my thoughts/pictures on the matter might have been something more like this lovely thing.  But I wasn't, so instead, they are lumped with this "what I wore" post.

I had considered not going to the large commencement ceremony and I had even talked my parents out of attending. Because it was such institutional think to do and it was so long and un-personal and blah blah blah.
But you, know, I'm glad I went.
First off because Elder Uchtdorf. He was so jovial and didn't have any notes with him and wasn't even on the program. He just got up there laughed and told us to take what we learned and build upon it. He told us this was just the beginning.
Secondly,  it was a nice time for me, sitting alone in a mass of people, to consider what I had accomplished. I realized for myself that this is indeed big deal and I will forever be grateful for the sacrifices I had made. I jumped through the hoops, I worked those late nights, I found babysitters for all those overlapping classes and ate all those frozen dinners so that my education would forever be recognized.
I am an educated woman.

Thank you to all those who made this dream possible. Many people, most especially my husband and child, made personal, biting sacrifices so that I could have this.  I owe you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment