5.07.2014

El Cinco de Mayo


Shortly before its actual independence day last year, (September 16th), my mom brought this dress from Mexico. Talia wore it then, and I was so excited that it fit her eight months later!
I love these Hispanic roots I have, and I want to give Talia a world where she can explore this history, these traditions, these colors, and this language; just like my parents did for me.






^^ Our friends recently moved and Talia still runs over and knocks on their door, asking for Abi, their little one year old. So sad and endearing at the same time.


^^ We went to El Mexsal, a salvador/mexican restaurant in Provo and Talia could not get enough of that salsa.


 It was a lovely day and I hope you all enjoyed some absolutely delicious Mexican food.

2 comments:

  1. We love El Mexal!! I'm surprised Talia liked that spicy salsa ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go there for basically every holiday, haha. I think Talia just likes the thrill of it. She made a crazy face the first time she tasted it, but then kept going back for more. :) Also, she just learned how to dip things, so she does it all the time. (Like french fries in water.)

      Delete