1.04.2016

illustrated profiles: Marion Cotillard


 "I want to feel myself. I don't care what people think of my outfit or my shoes or my hat. I like to get dressed."
Marion is the definition of what it means to be a woman. Dignified and astute, yet sensitive and open about herself and her world, she's def high on my list of people I want to grow up to be.


"I never regret turning down a movie, because you know, you live"


In a recent interview with Porter Magazine, she spoke her thoughts on feminism;
"Filmmaking is not about gender. You cannot ask a president in a festival like Cannes, to have like, five movies directed by women and five by men. For me it doesn't create equality, it creates separation...We need to fight for women's rights, but I don't want to separate women from men. We're separated already because we're not made the same and it's the difference that creates this energy in creation and love."

She also says that she's not that good a cook and that she cooks with her heart.
I'm sure we'd be friends.

2 comments:

  1. Evelyn! Oh my, I adore your blog & your thoughts! I've been out of the blogging world for a bit. Winter gets me down sometimes. But I may or may not be stalking your blog right now. ;) Just catching up on all the lovely things you've posted. This was such a sweet post! I quite like Marion, as well.

    lots of love,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter really is the worst. I heard a rumor that we might be getting together soon! Let's make that happen!

      Delete