5.08.2015

the rainbow connection


" Te damos gracias por este dia...y salchichas...y pizza... y dad, y dad, y dad...y mamå"
-- excerpt from Talia's most recent prayer


Sometimes I feel so far from the mother I always dreamed I would be. Namely I feel this way because I never make cookies, my house is always kind of smelly, and I love my social media. 

But on Monday, I got up, fetched Talia out of her bed, and put on some music (Star Wars, for May 4th). We had a healthy (instant) breakfast, and cleaned her room a little together. After we said bye to Dad, I introduced her to her mini potty (she was so excited) and we went outside and ate popsicles in the shade. After lunch, we cleaned some more, read books, visited the bathroom, and both fell asleep in her chair as I rocked her to sleep.
The events of the day were nothing super special. But while we dripped Hello Kitty popsicle juice on ourselves, I looked at Talia and felt that connection that occurs when I'm doing this mom thing right.

It occurred to me that I, and every mother out there, is much closer to being the dream mother we wish we were. We just have bad days sometimes, and that's okay. We want to be awesome moms and because we do, we are helped in so many ways.  I'm so thankful that my prayers are heard and that that particular day, Talia felt my love.

It also rained while the sun was still shining, so that was awesome and sparkly and there was a rainbow.

A few iphone pics of spring time around here ...

xo, evelyn
p.s. everything is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment