9.25.2014

Talia turns Two: A Party & the Zoo


This year, we really just wanted Talia to have a good time for her birthday. 
I'm one of those people that finds hosting parties somewhat stressful. Styling and setting up is super fun, but adding the people element always freaks me out. So we planned it in a way that the main activity took most of attention away from us (the parents) and entertained everybody at the same time: took her to the zoo. 





It was so so fun. We got to see the elephant demonstration as well as the sea otter one. We rode the train and the carousel, played in their water area, chased bubbles, and visited the gift shop (Talia scored herself a plush giraffe as tall as she is). 

I had decided to hold a little cake-piñata-gift opening at my place afterwards for those that couldn't make it to the zoo. It was pretty chill.



The only things I made with my own two hands were the piñata (that took forever) and the pom poms/garland. Oh and her little crown that lasted all of five minutes in her hair. Ha. My sister made those adorable goodie bags, and we bought the cake from Target and stuck little animal figurines/tall candles from Zurchers.

We also continued the birthday party tradition I started last year; having guests draw a picture for Talia to later compile into a little birthday book. Talia loved looking through her book from her first birthday party, and I am sure she will enjoy this year's just as much.

Though I still stressed about having less children than I anticipated to hit the piñata and other silly things like that, Talia was such a happy little girl the whole day. So in the end, everything was a success. 

     (All the heart eyes, forever.) ^^^

Photo Cred: (zoo) Jenny Sorge, (afterparty) Jacob Haupt

No comments:

Post a Comment