8.19.2014

Summer at the Playground + FP Moccasins


My husband and I love to support local business and have had many good experiences participating creatively in our community. So when I had the opportunity to review a product from one of my favorite local companies, I jumped at the chance.

Freshly Picked, a company famous for their baby moccassins, focuses on products for children and their mothers. Susan Petersen, the CEO, is someone I admire for her hard work, humor, and willingness to help others. In an interview with Monica Lee from Smart Creative Women, she opens up about many topics including how her company came to be and tips on growing a small business. She has also recently been on Shark Tank, and now sells her moccasins live at Soel Boutique as well as online.

As Talia is an active toddler whose shoes are usually worn clean through by the time she grows out of them, I thought a day outside would be an excellent measurement of the quality of FP moccasins, and their ability to take wear and tear.
 

Made a new friend with the cutest little girl!

I was most impressed with the fact that the shoes never came close to slipping off though they were a half inch too big for Talia at first. This is one of their trademark qualities, and a very true one.
 I thought, since the bottoms and edges got scuffed almost immediately, that they would wear quickly. However, after daily use for about three weeks in various parts of the country in assorted conditions (rain, mud, sand), the leather has held up surprisingly well. Talia shows no discomfort and her feet aren't sweaty when I take them off.

I have loved these shoes for their ability to dress down a skirt or a dress in just the right way, and how easy they are to put on those squirming toddler feet.

Thank you so much Freshly Picked! Talia will wear these shoes for another season yet, and Mama will keep them afterwards as a keepsake for the imprint of her toes for much too long a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment