6.29.2014

a reminder: i'm good at some things.

I am not good at
//////////////////////////
being consistent
cleaning
throwing things away
cooking


I am good at
///////////////////////
drawing
doing my hair
putting outfits together
having dance parties with Talia 
watching movies with Jake
being nice to people
sleeping


You guys, sometimes I have such a hard time doing the dishes. Or the laundry. Or basically any chores in general. I feel so guilty about it and wonder why I turned out to be such a slob. Yes, it's more important to have happy kids than a clean house... but there has got to be a balance right?

Anyway, today I was so angry at myself while I was doing the dishes. Like, angry-tears-mad.
Afterwards, I took a deep breath and I thought... I'm not good at some things, but I'm good at others.
So life isn't so bad.
Besides, that's what life is for: to be bad at some things. To pick which ones you want to work on. To be happy with what you've got going.

I want Talia to grow up knowing that she has weaknesses, but also being proud of her strengths and accomplishments. She is the most valuable little person in my life, and a lot of other people's lives, too. I don't want her to ever forget that; so why not do that for myself?

So...sorry husband, for being such a drama-bomb about my faults. And thanks for laughing at most of them; it helps put my emotions into perspective. Really. Even though I get mad at you sometimes. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment