2.11.2014

a pinterest discussion







































They say Pinterest is something that women spend hours on. True.
They say it makes them feel inadequate. Sometimes true.
They say it is a waste of time.
NOT TRUE.

Since joining the Pinterest site, my life has been unquestionably and irrevocably changed for the better:


1. It enabled me to hone my personal style.
    Prior to joining, I had taste (I think), but no education or exposure besides what I saw other people wearing in school or the magazines at the checkout counter. After having a baby, the postpartum depression came like a monster I didn't know about. I had to really think about what things actually  made me happy vs. what things should make me happy. I created a daily "look pretty" goal for myself to battle the grungy, exhausting, lonely haze of caring for a newborn. I cannot tell you how much hope I found in browsing through Pinterest and trying out fresh hairstyles, being able to shop with a purpose, and slowly rebuilding my identity. It helped me realize that though I was a mom now, I was still Evelyn. Evelyn-Mom.   


2. It advanced my artistic career.
    I recently wrote a paper on how Pinterest has become an essential tool for contemporary artists, male or female. It is a place where people have gathered all the great art in the world in a quick, easy access format. Its search engine is more refined, the images are generally high quality, and the storing capacity is endless. I have found new artists to love, and re-discovered old ones. I have found a community of artist consumers; people who care about what I and other painters, illustrators, and crafters do. I have found glorious inspiration for what I can create.



3. It helps me set goals for my home life.
Soon, I will be a full-time homemaker and I don't know two craps about what I am doing. But! Pinterest is the place where all the most brilliant moms/wives in the world have shared their experiences and genius ideas on how to not only survive the home, but make it a special, magical place. I look forward to implementing those ideas and changing our home and our lives to a happier, healthier, cleaner, more spiritual state.




4. Lastly, it makes me laugh. (very VERY important.)


Do you ever regret Pinterest browsing (besides, of course, when it takes over 4+ hours of your life in one sitting)? Or do you just love it?

(p.s. All these images are not mine. They can be found on my Pinterest page.)



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are such a blogger babe! Let's get together and do an interview or something together. Really for reals.

      Delete
  2. #1 hit it on the head... I'm just to lazy to change anything yet! haha But I like what you said :) Aaand I love Pinterest too, it definitely has made a good difference in my life too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie! Glad you thought so too! I bet Pinterest is double the fun with twins! ;)

      Delete