4.23.2013



If any of you have ever read "The Elegance of the Hedgehog", guess what.

I observed a Movement of the World last weekend.


Yes! I did!
It happened when I was watching the xx live at Coachella.
I mildly liked their music before this moment. I mean, I thought it was okay. But as I watched them, something was happening. Especially in/around the girl. She doesn't have the build of a supermodel or anything, but she was breathtaking.

I think maybe it's because she was in her music; performing what she created in a perfect way. She seemed elevated, ethereal.
Watching her, I felt like I do when I put a stroke down on a painting that was right. Like I do after I have been searching for a color for hours and finally found it. And suddenly the painting is finished and it is right.

They really are a good band. And now I can say that I listen to minimalist goth music. 



No comments:

Post a Comment