8.08.2012

People are nice to the pregnant ones.

At the Beach House concert, I stood in the crowd for an hour, trying to seem invigorated and excited that one of our favorite bands was in slc. But all I could really think of was how my ankles felt like watermelons, that there was way too much body heat contributing to my own and that there was smoke wafting steadily into my face. I was too short to see anything, anyway.
Jake took note of my discomfort and graciously steered my far away from the listening crowd and into the outer rims of Pioneer Park.  We were standing there, looking for a somewhere, anywhere to sit. I no doubt had this I'm-about-to-die face on, because a couple girls came over and said we could have their picnic table.
I about cried with relief. At the moment, it seemed that no one had ever done anything nicer for me in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment