1.25.2017

behind the scenes


I rarely post about my creative process, because as illustrator  David Downton once put it, why would I show anyone the panic/pain involved in each painting? haha

However, I myself love watching little painting videos, I feel like I can learn so much from watching how other artists work. Everyone is so different!

I've been trying to use instagram stories a little more for this reason.  Here is a quick little step by step I documented while I was painting this particular piece.




1. Blocking out shapes 
2. Adding contrasting colors in linear forms
3. "Pulling it out of the fire" as my teacher used to say, adding in the darkest colors to define the focal point.

What do you guys think? Would live videos be cool or nah?


Image inspo: Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment