11.08.2016

Interview with Braid Workshop


Friends over at Braid Workshop asked me a few questions about me and my work! It's published on their website, and I also posted it here >>>




Describe yourself in 10 words.

I wear black and I like to dance.

Tell us about the brand you are hoping to grow.

I am a fashion illustrator. As a freelance artist, my ongoing mission is to promote myself and my skills accurately and professionally. I love minimal design, simple color palettes, and the use of line. My subject matter usually ranges from female portraiture, clothing and accessories, and the occasional pattern.

What inspired you to start?

My career path has been clear to me since I was in grade school. I pursued an education in illustration, and upon graduating with a bachelors degree, have worked with private clients, photographers, authors, and fashion brands.

If you have a mission, goal, or vision for your brand, what would it be?

My over arching goal is that as I reach the milestones of my career, I can show my young daughter (and others) that she can pursue dreams that most speak to her, the ones that she loves, the ones that define her, no matter what.

Who is your target audience?

Apart from other like-minded illustrators, I hope my works draws the attention of beauty brands, design houses, illustration agencies, and consumers who enjoy fashion as much as I do.

What's your biggest & success that you've experienced so far with your brand?

The world I work in revolves around fashion, beauty, stars, and pop culture. It's a glittery, material world and I love it! Also, I am a stay at home mom and I thoroughly enjoy lounging whenever I can. Finding the mental balance between two seemingly disparate aspects of myself has definitely been a personal challenge that I work with every day. As far as successes, I would say the biggest one is actually paired with the challenge above: allowing myself to love the things that I love even though it might not "make sense" with where I'm at in my life. That acceptance immediately brought my image together in a natural, cohesive way that has lead me to work and partnerships that not only have I enjoyed, but have propelled my work forward.

What do you hope to learn at the Braid Workshops?

Braid Workshop has been so helpful in drawing creative, entrepreneurial minds together. I hope to learn more about people's career paths and take what I can from their journey to apply to my own. I love meeting people and talking about dreams together; it's where I find the most inspiration. :)

Thanks so much for having me! It's great take a minute to reflect on myself what makes me tick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment