10.23.2014

A vacation of sorts

I am taking a little bit of a break from illustrating.
I've been feeling a lot of pressure to create, so I have been, like crazy. But I realized I am simply producing with no real direction or purpose. I am still not 100% sure what I want to with my art. After a rather depressing day and a long chat with my husband, we decided it might be a really good idea for me to go on hiatus.
Meaning: no drawing, painting, or even thinking about it too much.  I am giving myself permission to do other things in my free time and to be happy doing them.

My goals for the next couple weeks are simple: do whatever the eff I want.

// learn how to cook something (anything) // new hair do  // pinterest project // knit // Talia project // read up on plants // // finish halloween costume // clean art room // hang out with friends // (window) shop //watch scary movies //... //

I am so excited. So so excited to let myself be happy.
It's like a summer vacation for my mind! 

(Also, I am only checking instagram once a day. whaaaaaaaat)

No comments:

Post a Comment