7.10.2014

Long, Long Ago


I am so so happy to be able to share this with you!

In March, I participated in a project with Becky Leung of Modoga Photography and Art Director Logan Havens to create watercolor backgrounds for a series of large prints.
The idea was to portray Western tales in an Eastern aesthetic. Each piece was created to resemble Ancient Chinese scroll painting and each combines painting, script, photography and fashion.



















I am honored to have been a part of a project that touches on time, story-telling, multicultural bonds, ancestry, tradition, and modern themes alongside such talented peers. It was showcased in April in the Harris Fine Arts Center on Brigham Young University campus and is now in print in DeFuze, a magazine specializing in art and photography.

See the full story in print in the Summer 2014 issue of DeFuze Magazine.

Photography: Becky Leung
Stylist: Brittany Layton
Model: Sarah Crowley
Hair and Makeup: Katy Leung
Photographer's Assistant: Logan Havens

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. I have no words. These are stunning. What an fun experience this must have been for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was! I worked like crazy on this in the midst of finals + toddler. Basically I didn't sleep. But the result was very satisfying! And thank you! Glad you enjoy them :)

      Delete